IMPORTANT: Starting 1/6/18, all clients MUST provide some sort of official ID during the visit, preferably a drivers license. Other accepted forms of identification are a learners permit, a college ID card, an official general state ID, or an official work ID card. This ensure that you are who you say you are!
I am an open rattery/hamstery which means I allow visitors. These rules help protect my animals and my clients while still allowing clients to come see everything.
1) You must bring a carrier for the journey home. Please do not bring a box or cat carrier. You need a secure carrier for traveling. I sell handmade secure carriers so that is a great option if you would rather source one from me. This removes the worry of making sure you get a proper carrier regarding size and style. If you want to buy a carrier from me, please reserve one in advance of your appointment.
2) Visitors MUST use hand-sanitizer upon entering my rattery/hamstery. The hand-sanitizer will be provided. There will be no handling of any animals until your hands are sanitized.
3) Please do not show up without an appointment. You will not be welcomed.
4) Children under the age of eight must sit down on the couch if they want to hold any animal(s). If the child is has an animal with them, please help me make sure the animal stays in the child's lap.
5) Visitors are not allowed to bring treats to give my animals.
6) Visitors will not be permitted to leave the house with the rats/hamsters/opossums/seramas without paying the remaining balance in cash that is owed to WWR&H for the animal(s).
7) Don't touch my cages or animals without my permission. This includes - do not stick your fingers through or up to the bars of my cages. Make sure any children you have with you firmly understand this.
8) You are NOT to bring any animal you own already to my home for any reason.
9) Obviously, do not try to steal from me. This should go without saying. If you attempt to steal anything or any animal, I will call the police and press charges for theft. You'll also be blacklisted in the rat community by reputable breeders across the country for your offense.
10) If you're early to your appointment, please text me that you're early and wait for my response. My phone number is in the "Contact Me" section. I only allow one group at a time so each group gets my undivided attention. Being early might mean another group is still with me. You might need to wait for them to leave.
11) Guests are not permitted to use my bathroom. There is a McDonald's right around the corner from my home.
12) Are you or anyone you'll be traveling with afraid of dogs? I have six small dogs and one medium sized dog (who is always chained up when visitors are here). All of them are completely harmless, but if you or anyone you'll be with are not comfortable with my house bird or loose small dogs around then it's best to let me know before your appointment. Do not pick up my small dogs and please do not let my larger dog jump up on you if you go near him.
13) Make sure to bring the correct amount owed for your new animals. Remember, the paypal deposit gets refunded and the full amount is due in cash. Bring extra for toys, hammocks, and other items if you are interested in anything.
14) Please do not go to any petstore before (within 15 hours) your appointment. Doing so puts my rattery/hamstery at risk.
15) Make sure you bring official identification such as a driver's license, a learners permit, a general state ID card, a work ID card, or a college ID. YOU WILL NOT GET TO TAKE HOME YOUR ANIMALS WITHOUT PROVIDING OFFICIAL IDENTIFICATION. No exceptions! If you don't have an ID when you arrive, you will be turned away for rescheduling no matter how far you traveled.
16) I wasn't sure where to put this on the website, but felt here was best. Although you now own the animal(s) from the photo(s) I posted for their listing, it does not give you the right or permission to use my photos of your babies as your own. Please don't do it. You can share them with credit to my rattery/hamstery, but do not enter them in contests, attempt to use them for calendars or marketing, etc.
17) Once in the rat room, all visitors must remain in the rat room for the duration of the visit. Children will not be permitted to run through my house.
18) If you're visiting for hamsters/opossums and are afraid of rats, I allow the option to meet your new pet in the living room. Please alert me if you wish not to be around the rats.
19) My neighbor (house number 5 - the neighbor to the left when you face my house) is a real piece of work and gets angry when people park in front of their house. Please park across the street from my home.
20) If you have a rat at home who is sick, please delay your appointment.
***There will be a working camera on you during your visit***
Friendly suggestion: If you have time to check out Port Jefferson, I highly recommend taking a visit! Throughout the year it's a beautiful place. There is a massive ice-cream/candy shop called Rodger's Frigate. You can also travel to the pretty park which is against a nice small beach. During low tide, you can go down onto the sand. On top of that, there are other shops to check out. If you'd like to see this location, it's only about 12-18 minutes from my house and if you have a nice carrying bag with decent outdoor weather between 60-85 degrees, the rats can tag along for your exploring. The Frigate allows animals inside. If you're traveling by the ferry from CT, you'll be driving through this location. The ferry stops almost right across from the Frigate and pretty close to the park.